Friday, May 21, 2010

The World Is Turning Way Too Fast




At least that is what I feel lately. I get up in the morning and before I even notice I am getting up in the morning. Except, that it's not Monday anymore, but Tuesday... Wednesday... A brief flash I don't even register, which I think is called a weekend and Monday again. I've heard of the term social life, briefly in passing during my short encounters with the TV, but I haven't had time to look it up in the thesaurus yet.
How does this even happen? All through high school time dragged and if I tried I had whole hours of "I just wanna be bored now" and I used to dislike them, at least if I didn't have a book in hand. Now I know, that being bored is a privelege.
It's been bugging me, where all the time went, but then I did some simple math and suddenly I knew.

A day has 24 hours. 8 hours of that should (if you have any respect for your health) be sleep. 24-8=16. 9 hours is my working day. 16-9=7. At least 1 is personal hygiene. 7-1=6. 1h 30 is transport to work and back. 6-1h30 is 4h30. Another 30 minutes are transport to the gym, 1h is excercise and 30 minutes on top for the extra hygiene in order to be able to get home without killing flies by stink. 4h30-2=2h30. In that, there is still breakfast, dinner, some pet care, shopping, checking out the news so that I am aware, whether there is WW3 or not, possibly house chores, if unless like me you have some decency in yourself and contribute to maintaining a home a home and not a stable.

I spend an hour every morning trying to force myself to get up. Alhamdulillah, I have a family. Since in this I am a failure they do the forcing for me and make sure that I don't get fired from my new job while within probation period.

The new job is the good news! I've started on Monday and I am eternally happy to be given such an opportunity. Thank you ex-boss! If it weren't for your continuous efforts to get rid of me, either by bossing or by defenestration (and as the modern offices don't have openable windows, only the fist option was valid) I would still be stuck in a job I hate, working with people who often aren't my cup of coffee and getting a smaller salary than now.
Have you ever noticed how beautiful silence can be? In this world you almost cannot, but I have found a peacefull oasis with only waves of stress, not an innondation. The printers are behind glass walls, all phones on silent and phone booths for people to call from, so I get to do all my online trainings in an atmosphere, which sounds like paradise.
As the day is way too short, I still don't have all that much of a social life, but now I have a life. One that I can be proud of too :o)

2 comments:

S. H. said...

I'm so happy for you, and this is an other prove that when we feel like we are falling down we should in any way thank god coz sure he has a better plan for us,the bad time in your previous job wasn't good but it was an step to have this new one, inshallah all will be fine, have a nice day!

Dee said...

omg i know! we need more hrs in a day. far out lol. oh well, lucky i like working hard, i like being preoccupied. being bored with nothing to do is like the worst thing ever! but i hope you take some time to take care of yourself too. don't stress too much! salam